What is the ticket refund policy?
All Sales Are Final.
Like any other performance venue, we incur expenses whether you utilize your purchased tickets or not. Given the organization’s non-profit status, we hope you understand the need for this policy.
If you are unable to attend the event, you have several options:
- What is our policy regarding Covid-19? We are following Idaho State guidelines, visit: Rebound.Idaho.gov
- Sell or Give it Away: Your purchase is fully transferable. You may give or sell your pass to another person. Please be sure to give them your receipt, otherwise they will not be allowed to pick up the pass at will-call. This must be done prior to the event.
- Make a Donation: You may return your receipt with a request to convert the sale to a donation. The Sun Valley Jazz is a 501(c)(3) Non-profit Corporation. We will send documentation for your tax-deductible contribution the following January (please complete by Nov. 1st.)
- NONREFUNDED-TICKETS: Your nonrefunded ticket(s) purchased in 2020 or 2021 will be applied to 2022. Bring your 2020 or 2021 receipt to Sales & Will Call during the 2022 Festival. The credit will be honored, and you will receive the same items you previously purchased for use at the 2022 Festival. No fees or price increases apply. *** NO CASH REFUNDS AFTER 11/30/21. ***
- This policy overrides all previous refund policies as of 2/01/2022.
Will Day or Evening passes be available in 2022?
No. Due to the limited attendance this year, Day/Evening passes will not be sold.
Who has to pay the Sales Tax?
We are required by the state of Idaho to charge 6% sales tax and by the city of Sun Valley to charge 4% Local Option Tax on every sale. The reason for this is that our event is held in the state of Idaho and in the city of Sun Valley, and each patron has to come to our event in order to redeem and use his/her pass.
What is the weather like during the Jazz & Music Festival?
Traditionally the weather is spectacular with mild to warm days and cool evenings. Rain is very unlikely but on rare occasions a light dusting of snow has happened that lasts but a few hours and does not hamper traffic. The Aspens are turning gold and you would be hard pressed to find a more beautiful Fall location.
Is there still lodging available?
Yes, see the lodging page.
What are the dates for this years’ Festival?
October 12-16, 2022
Can I see the schedule online?
Yes. The schedule is usually available online by the 1st of October. Many changes in the bands’ travel prevent us from posting it any earlier. The schedule will be available in two formats, one for viewing and one in PDF format for printing.
How do I redeem my pass voucher?
Pre-purchased pass vouchers can be picked up at the Jazz Registration Office beginning Tuesday the week of the Festival. Location of Will Call & Sales Office: Sun Valley Inn Lobby. Will Call & Sales Office hours will be posted by October 1.
I can’t find my voucher, but I bought a ticket. What should I do?
Come to the Jazz Registration Office at the Sun Valley Inn, give your name, and show your ID. If you purchased tickets for the Festival, your name will be on the master list.
Does the Sun Valley Jazz & Music Festival use volunteers and how can I get more information ?
Yes! For more information about volunteering opportunities click here.
How are the dates determined every year?
Sun Valley Resort sets the dates and counts the weekends starting on Friday. The Festival is always the 3rd week of October.
Why isn’t my favorite band on the list?
There are many factors, beyond a group’s obvious abilities, to consider when we decide which bands to bring to the event. In addition, sometimes a band is not available when we need them or a group breaks up entirely. We all have our favorites, and it’s always a challenge to select a package of acts that provides everything. All that said, we are excited about this years’ line up and we’re sure you will enjoy some of the surprises we have in store.
I have sent an email or made a phone call and have not received a response. How can I contact someone?
We always make a sincere effort to respond to your calls and emails in a timely manner, but our work volume does increase substantially during certain times of the year. Additionally, we do not have many opportunities to check our email during the month of October.
For most of the year we can be reached by phone at 877-478-5277. We do attend other jazz festivals and then play catch-up when we return. This number is NOT answered around the time of the event as the office is moved to Sun Valley for the Jazz & Music Festival.
During the days surrounding the Festival you can call our Jazz office: 208-622-2855. Our wonderful volunteers are on the phone and do check messages frequently.
After the Jazz & Music Festival we can usually be found only in-person, laying in a pile on a warm beach until mid November. We hope this does not interrupt your plans.