What is the ticket refund policy?
All Sales Are Final.
Like any other performance venue, we incur expenses whether you utilize your purchased tickets or not. Given the organization’s non-profit status, we hope you understand the need for this policy.
If you are unable to attend the event, you have several options:
- What is our policy regarding COVid-19? We are following Idaho State guidelines, visit: Rebound.Idaho.gov
- Sell or Give it Away: Your purchase is fully transferable. You may give or sell your pass to another person. Please be sure to give them your receipt, otherwise they will not be allowed to pick up the pass at will-call. This must be done prior to the event.
- Make a Donation: You may return your receipt with a request to convert the sale to a donation. The Sun Valley Jazz is a 501(c)(3) Non-profit Corporation. We will send documentation for your tax-deductible contribution the following January (please complete by Nov. 1st.)
- Credit Toward Next Year: You may contact us by phone, email, or regular mail to request to receive a credit toward your purchase of next year’s pass. The credit amount will be the pre-tax amount of your original purchase, less a 15% service fee. You will receive confirmation of your credit amount and redemption instructions by mail (must be postmarked prior to the start date of the festival.)
- COVID-19 Statement: We are waiving the 15% service fee for obtaining a credit toward next year. Your full ticket purchase price in 2020 will be applied to your tickets for 2021. Bring your 2020 receipt to Sales & Will Call during the 2021 Festival. It will be honored, and you will receive exactly what you purchased for 2020.
This policy overrides all previous refund policies as of 7/21/2020.
Who has to pay the Sales Tax?
We are required by the state of Idaho to charge 6% sales tax and by the city of Sun Valley to charge 4% Local Option Tax on every sale. The reason for this is that our event is held in the state of Idaho and in the city of Sun Valley, and each patron has to come to our event in order to redeem and use his/her pass.
What is the weather like during the Jazz & Music Festival?
Traditionally the weather is spectacular with mild to warm days and cool evenings. Rain is very unlikely but on rare occasions a light dusting of snow has happened that lasts but a few hours and does not hamper traffic. The Aspens are turning gold and you would be hard pressed to find a more beautiful Fall location.
Is there still lodging available?
Yes, see the lodging page.
What are the dates for upcoming years?
October 13-17, 2021 (#31)
October 12-16, 2022 (#32)
Can I see the schedule online?
Yes. The schedule is usually available online by the 1st of October. Many changes in the bands’ travel prevent us from posting it any earlier. The schedule will be available in two formats, one for viewing and one in PDF format for your printing.
How do I redeem my pass voucher?
Pre-purchased pass vouchers can be picked up at the Jazz Registration Office beginning Tuesday the week of the jazz & music festival from 12 pm to 4 pm. Location of Will Call & Sales Office: Sun Valley Inn Lobby. After that, registration is open from 9:15 am until 8:45 pm through Saturday and from 9:15 am until 12 pm on Sunday.
I can’t find my voucher, but I bought a ticket. What should I do?
Come to the Jazz Registration Office at the Sun Valley Inn, give your name, and show your ID. If you purchased tickets for the jazz and music festival, your name will be on the master list.
Does the Sun Valley Jazz & Music Festival use volunteers and how can I get more information ?
Yes, and Yes! For more information about volunteering opportunities click here.
How are the dates determined every year?
Sun Valley Resort sets the dates and counts the weekends starting on Friday. We are always the 3rd weekend.
Do you ever record the live sessions? How can I buy a CD of it?
Yes, we do record some of the performances. Please remember that these recordings are live and don’t sound like a studio production, so sometimes are not as good as you remember! To buy a copy, call the Jazz office 877-478-5277. Proceeds from this are specifically earmarked to support our Jazz in the Schools program.
Why isn’t my favorite band on the list?
There are many factors, beyond a group’s obvious abilities, to consider when we decide which bands to bring to the event. In addition, sometimes a band is not available when we need them or a group breaks up entirely. We all have our favorites, and it’s always a challenge to select a package of acts that provides everything. All that said, we think this year is going to be the best ever and we’re sure you will enjoy some of the surprises we have in store.
I have sent an email or made a phone call and have not received a response. How can I contact someone?
We always make a sincere effort to respond to your calls and emails in a timely manner, but our work volume does increase substantially during certain times of the year. Additionally, we do not have many opportunities to check our email during the month of October.
For most of the year we can be reached by phone at 877-478-5277. We do attend other jazz festivals and then play catch-up when we return. This number is NOT answered around the time of the event as the office is moved to Sun Valley for the Jazz & Music Festival.
During the week around the jazz festival you can call our jazz information center: 208-622-2855. Our wonderful volunteers are on the phone and do check messages frequently.
After the Jazz & Music Festival we can usually be found only in person, laying in a pile on a warm beach until mid November. We hope this does not interrupt your plans.
Can I fill out an Evaluation Sheet online?
Yes, October through November. Click here for online evaluation.
Where Can I find a Vendor Application?