Sponsored By: Jack & Bonnie Kirk, Bob & Annette Anderson and Brent & Betty Holbrook
Our dance program includes FREE professional dance lessons, four competitions and the opportunity for a GREAT DEAL — the Dancer’s Package! We are thrilled to present twenty dance lessons to attendees.
The Dance Competition Registration is Included with the Dancer’s Package.
- One (1) All-Events badge for the Sun Valley Jazz Jamboree (October 15 – 19, 2014)
- Small group lessons, in 3 dance levels, designed to maximize quality of instruction
- Free admission to the dance competitions of your choice (see details below)
- Access to 5 nights of Dorm Housing on the Sun Valley Resort campus (limited space available for this, please book early!) — must be at least 18 to get housing.
Each lesson is 1 hour and 10 minutes long and open to all festival attendees. Featuring: Balboa, Charleston, Fox Trot, Lindy Hop, Peabody, Shag, and Solo Jazz. Classes are offered at both beginning and intermediate levels. The dance instructors are also available for private lessons for a fee and at their discretion. Now it’s even easier to get into the swing of things with free lessons from professional dance instructors will be on hand to get festival attendees in the swing musically.
Now it’s even easier to get into the swing of things with free lessons from six professional dance instructors from around the country will be on hand to get festival attendees in the swing musically. We are thrilled to have Josh & Emily McLaughlin and Dan Newsome and Gaby Cook for our instructors this year! All classes will be held in the River View Room at the River Run Lodge.
After taking classes from our fabulous dance instructors, grab your partner, get out on the dance floor, and show us your stuff! We’re looking for couples who have never placed in any competition; both members should be at the beginning level.
- Beginning Swing Competition
- 50+ Competition
- Jack & Jill Open Swing Competition
- Advanced Lindy Competition